Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Thing #11

Library Thing is an excellent way to catalog your book collection. I find myself wondering if I have a certain book when I'm at a book fair or the book store. This is an easy and excellent way of keeping track of books in my collection.

I started with books from my classroom library. Since it is Spring Break, I was working off the top of my head. When I get back to school, I'll have to go and add all the books that I own. I would love to set-up another account so that I can keep track of my daughters' books. Our students could even track their book collections at their homes or track books they have read.

I'm still looking into the groups, but it was neat to see the number of members that owned a particular book.

I also enjoyed watching the You Tube skit! I've added books from my school collection on my blog. See if we own any of the same books.

1 comment:

VWB said...

get me some kleenex...just reading the title and looking at the cover of Fly Away Home makes me tear up!