Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thing #16

When I first looked at the syllabus for the course that required Learn2Play as an assignment, I was terrified. I had absolutely no idea what a wiki was and nearly had a "breakdown" as I read that I would have to create one. Thank goodness I decided to stick it out until I attended the first class meeting and learned what a wiki was. It really was nothing to be feared - just something new that I needed to learn about. I loved "Wikis in Plain English." This is the second time I had viewed it and the way wikis are presented makes learning this new technology easy, fun, and something to not fear. I really enjoyed reading Library Success - A Best Practices Wiki. I could see this being an excellent wiki to tag and read. It offers such wonderful ideas - weeding, job seeking, etc. As a librarian, I would like to have a wiki to use to increase collaboration with my teachers. Since time and different conference periods are such big factors, wikis would help to eliminate the need for common planning times, as either party/parties could update information at their convenience.

No comments: