Sunday, March 16, 2008

Thing #8

RSS feeds and readers are awesome! I love how information you are interested in comes to you and you can read it at your leisure. With a very busy life, I don't have a lot of "free time" to surf the net looking for items of interest to me. I found this easy to set up using Google Reader and began with a bundled feed about food. I love to cook and I'm always looking for a new dish to try. I also added "A Library by Any Other Name" so I can keep up with library happenings.

RSS feeds would be beneficial to both the library and the classroom. I could see a librarian subscribing to a feed to keep up with changes in "library land." Teachers and students would benefit from up-to-the-minute information provided by RSS feeds, especially on topics like science and technology that rapidly change.

No comments: