Saturday, March 22, 2008

Thing #20 - TeacherTube

On TeacherTube, I spent hours looking for educational videos in different curriculum areas. The amount of videos available is amazing! I finally decided to embed "Library Infomercial" http://www.teachertube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=7567ce6b0475a63bf700 because it is about the importance of collaboration between the teacher and the librarian and how student achievement is impacted. It is somewhat silly; however, it's message would be a "fun way" to introduce/reinforce the importance of collaboration. I also enjoyed "Land in Water" http://www.teachertube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=4281b7c95cd7e7462349 as it deals with peninsulas, isthmuses, islands, and archipelagos.





Now, I have tried to embed these two videos (for the past 2 1/2 hours) from TeacherTube the same way that I did with YouTube, but I'm not having any luck. If you can help, please send me a comment. I did include the link to the videos so you can still view them.

Update - Thanks to VWB for helping me to embed the videos from TeacherTube - Your suggestions worked and thanks so much!

After exploring both TeacherTube and YouTube, I think this type of media is very powerful and an excellent way to "tease" or to stress/reinforce a lesson. What I found to be the hardest was trying to decide which video was the best to show, since so many excellent options were available.

3 comments:

VWB said...

try this:
be sure you scroll down below the video and copy the EMBEDDABLE code.
On your post, put your cursor where you want the video.
Then at the top of the post box on the right, switch from Compose to Edit HTML...you will see computer code appear...
Paste the embeddable code you copied. (it may take few seconds to "settle")
then you can switch back to Compse and your post box will look "normal"
Be sure and save or publish...
hope this helps!

Bromonsky said...

Thanks so much for the tips. I'm going to try this right now and see what happens.

Bromonsky said...

It worked!!! VWB - Thanks so much for your help :)